About Me

My photo
I live in a small market town in the South West, with my husband and our cocker spanial called Lacey.We have one son.I have a small Ceramic studio and also am a U.K Lampworker. I have a studio which I produce handmade ceramics and lampwork glass jewellery, along with silver work. I attend craft fairs and sell in local galleries.I do one to one sessions on Ceramics, Basic silver smithing and Beginners Lampwork. My lampwork can be seen on my website or Flicker page under Avalon Designs.

Thursday 17 March 2011

Colour Reactions

When you open your kiln, never say that it was a bad beading day, just a learning curve.
I tried some silver brown yesterday, Shaped it in a nutrual flame then turned my propane up and reduced in the top of the flame, you need to work at this, dance it in and out until you get the metalic sheen, then encase in clear. Melt your clear really slowly in not to hot a flame. I got really lovely blues and greens and got really excited. Then I over heated it and this is what I got,
Next I had a go at copper green base with Triton, then encased in clear.
Quite liked this.

Next experiment was Base colour in Efftre Rosato Cover in silver foil , burnished and melt, add some frit Iris Gold, Aura, and lavender. Melt in then reduced. This bead came out to metalic and so lost the other colours.
So as I said it was a learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment